The Wellbeing Centre is located on Level 1 near the General Office.
What we offer
Students can access short-term counselling with the Wellbeing Team. In situations where regular or longer-term counselling is required, students and families can be supported to access services outside of school.
The Wellbeing Team also consults with parents, liaises with external practitioners and community organisations, and along with leadership and teaching staff, support students with learning differences or complex needs.
How to access support at school
Referrals to the Wellbeing Centre can be made by:
· Speaking to your child’s Year Level Leader
· Completing the Parent Referral Form
· Your child can visit the Wellbeing Centre to request support.
How to access support outside of school
· If you would like your child to see a psychologist or counsellor outside of school, referrals to psychologists under Medicare’s Better Access to Mental Health scheme can be obtained from your GP.
· Enhancing Mental Health in Secondary Schools
MGC students can access the Enhancing Mental Health in Secondary Schools (EHMSS) program at Headspace Collingwood. This program enables students experiencing mild to moderate mental health concerns to access short-term, time-limited intervention without a referral from a GP.
Helplines and online support provide immediate support and advice outside of school hours.
Headspace: Online and telephone mental health support (aged 12-25) Phone: 1800 650 890 Web: www.headspace.org.au
Kids Help Line: Online and telephone support for young people (aged 0-24). Phone: 1800 551 800 Web: https://kidshelpline.com.au/
Parent Line: Support for parents of young people (aged 0-18) Phone: 13 22 89
If you or someone else is in immediate danger or needs urgent help, call emergency services on 000 or go to the emergency department of your local hospital.