Vision & Values
Melbourne Girls’ College is a leader in innovative education, providing opportunities for students who are taught and nurtured by staff, peers and families. Our vision is to focus on the development of:
- Personal, social and emotional wellbeing
- Creating global citizens, who are ethical leaders with a sense of stewardship for the future
- Academic growth, including in the areas of Science Technology Engineering Art and Mathematics (STEAM)
- Sporting endeavours, particularly in rowing and aerobics
- Artistic endeavours, particularly in performance, visual arts and music
- Social endeavours, particularly in the promotion of diversity, sustainability and philanthropy
Melbourne Girls’ College is a leader in contemporary educational practice firmly grounded in values of excellence, teamwork and diversity.
Excellence in our achievements and aspirations while always striving to give and be our best.
Together, we know we can achieve so much more. We strongly believe that effective communication and the celebration of individuality within the team are crucial elements to developing an effective team-based collaborative environment.
We are a richer community when we consider all perspectives and recognise and celebrate the differences. We challenge our students to think critically about their own beliefs and examine the world in fresh ways to promote creativity and innovation in an authentic, inclusive environment.