Family Financial Support
Family Financial Support Options
Melbourne Girls’ College understands that some families may experience financial difficulty and offers a range of support options, including:
- CSEF (Camps Sports and Excursions Fund) Provided by DET and is automatically paid to family accounts. Applications are made via the school. Families holding a valid means-tested concession card or temporary foster parents are eligible to apply. $225 per year paid for eligible secondary school students. Special consideration eligibility category also exists. CSEF payments will be processed directly to schools with majority of payments to commence from March 2023 onwards.
Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF): Policy | education.vic.gov.au
- Access to State Schools Relief support to assist with clothing/uniforms. State Schools’ Relief (stateschoolsrelief.org.au)
- Various Grants such as Invergowrie, DHS, George Robinson, etc.
- Boroondara Chances Scholarship (Educational Scholarship) Provides educational scholarships for new students and renewal students. For more information, please visit Education Chances or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- CamCare Camberwell (Wellbeing and Support Services) For more information, please visit Camcare | Wellbeing & Support Services for the People of Boroondara
- Anglicare Victoria (Financial Counselling Support) For more information, please visit: Financial Counselling – Anglicare Victoria
- Salvation Army Richmond (Financial Assistance) For more information, please visit Financial Assistance | The Salvation Army Australia
For a confidential discussion about accessing these services, or if you would like to discuss alternative payment arrangements e.g. Payment plans, contact: Accounts Receivable Ph: 03 9428 8955 | Email: email@example.com
To read further regarding the Department’s Financial Help for Families Policy see: Financial Help for Families: Policy | education.vic.gov.au
Camps, Sports and Excursion Fund
The Victorian Government provides financial support through the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF) to ensure all eligible students are able to participate in school trips and sporting activities.
Families holding a valid means-tested concession card are encouraged to apply. Eligible families will need to apply for the CSEF by completing the CSEF Application Form.
Payments are made directly to the College and are tied to the student.