2023 Explanation of Contributions Year 7 – 12
As per the Department of Education and Training Parent Payment Policy and the Melbourne Girls’ College Parent Payment Policy, Government Schools provide students with free instruction to fulfil the standard Victorian curriculum.
The ongoing generous financial contributions and skills from MGC families is central to the strength of Melbourne Girls’ College and our ability to offer exceptional opportunities for our students.
The support of our community allows us to offer a wider selection of extra-curricular and co-curricular activities, on site IT technicians, improved contemporary learning areas such as our all-inclusive library, and the upgrades of the facilities including the recent construction of the Performing Arts Centre.
The College is grateful for the widespread support it receives from families through contributions, fundraising and volunteering time and skills.
For further information please refer;
- Parent Payment Policy
- Melbourne Girls’ College Parent Payment Policy
- Extra-curricular and Co-curricular activities
Some optional programs are offered on a user-pay basis. These include:
– Aerobics Program
– Australian Air Force Cadets (AAFC) Program
– Dance Program
– Instrumental Music Program
– Rowing Program
– Elective Activities
– Swimming and Athletics Carnival
– School Magazine
Melbourne Girls’ College offers various ways to make parent contributions. These include:
- Credit Card
- BPAY (please contact the General Office to obtain a unique biller code)
All Camps, Excursions and Incursions are fully self-funded and are therefore on a user-pays basis.
- On site activities, incursions and excursions at the College will not be refunded or credited in the case of absence or withdrawal.
- Camps – In the case of illness or withdrawal there may be chance of a partial credit where a camp provider is willing to refund the camp cost for your child. A written statement from a parent is necessary with a bona fide reason. A request of a supporting medical certificate will be required.
- Tax Deductible Donations are unable to be refunded once an office tax-deductible receipt has been issued.
- Co-curricular Programs – Refunds will be considered based on costs of any non-refundable items incurred by the school relating to initial enrolment.
Family Financial Support Options
Melbourne Girls’ College understands that some families may experience financial difficulty and offers a range of support options, including:
- CSEF (Camps Sports and Excursions Fund) provided by DET and is automatically paid to family accounts. Applications are made via the school. Families holding a valid means-tested concession card or temporary foster parents are eligible to apply. $225 per year paid for eligible secondary school students. Special consideration eligibility category also exists. CSEF payments will be processed directly to schools with majority of payments to commence from March 2023 onwards. Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF): Policy | education.vic.gov.au
- Access to State Schools Relief support to assist with clothing/uniforms. State Schools’ Relief (stateschoolsrelief.org.au)
- Various Grants such as Invergowrie, DHS, George Robinson, etc.
- Boroondara Chances Scholarship (Educational Scholarship) Provides educational scholarships for new students and renewal students. For more information, please visit Education CHANCES or contact BFCHANCES@gmail.com
- CamCare Camberwell (Wellbeing and Support Services) For more information, please visit Camcare | Wellbeing & Support Services for the People of Boroondara
- Anglicare Victoria (Financial Counselling Support) For more information, please visit: Financial Counselling – Anglicare Victoria
Salvation Army Richmond (Financial Assistance) For more information, please visit Financial Assistance | The Salvation Army Australia
For a confidential discussion about accessing these services, or if you would like to discuss alternative payment arrangements e.g. Payment plans, contact: Accounts Receivable Ph: 03 9428 8955 | Email: email@example.com
To read further regarding the Department’s Financial Help for Families Policy see:
Financial Help for Families: Policy | education.vic.gov.au