Congratulations to the 66 students who participated in our Vocal Showcase on Tuesday, 27th June. The 32 acts featured solos, including performances from 9 of our VCE voice students, duets and trios, as well as performances from our Choir and A’capella Choir. Highlights of the evening were our sister acts, the Fleet sisters and the McGeorge twins and the finale with all the girls on stage singing and having a “Good Time”.
Thank you to our MC’s, Choir Captains Felicity Edmonson and Grace Rosebirch, Sylvan Dorney for Trybooking, Jordyn Taylor for the flyer & Trevor Howlett for his technical assistance.
Farewell and best wishes to Tanya Schnyder, our German Exchange student, who has been a committed member of the A’capella Choir.
Finally, a huge thank you to our two voice teachers at MGC, Susan de Jong and Ellyce Calder, for their organization of the evening and enthusiasm and dedication to our vibrant vocal program at MGC.
We look forward to our next Vocal Showcase in Term 4.
Congratulations to our 42 violin, ‘cello and guitar students who performed at our String Soiree on Wednesday, 28th June. Highlights included Millicent Coburn’s Harp solo, Darby Stoffel’s singing “Galway Girl” (and winning the bowing competition) the performance of the MGC String Ensemble and the finale with all the guitar students onstage playing “Wild World”.
Thank you to our wonderful string teachers at MGC, Andy Clarke (Guitar and Bass), Les Gyori (Violin) and Wen Chin (‘cello and String Ensemble)
We look forward to our next string soiree in Term 4!
MGC’s House Production 2017 Reminders
– Online, Week 2
– Adults-$20 Concession-$15, plus booking fee.
– Don’t leave it till the last minute, as you may miss out. There are only 200 seats available each night.
– Thursday, 3/8: One Period rehearsal, on Compass.
– Tuesday 8th August: Full run through afterschool till 4pm approx. (Year 9’s on City Experience are expected to attend)
– Wednesday 9th August: Full Dress Rehearsal during the day. Costumes required. Students have permission to be dismissed at lunchtime to allow time to freshen up before opening night.
Supervision Notice Afterschool
Provision is made for Middle School students who live too far away to be able to go home and get back again in time for the evening performances. Those students will be supervised and can order dinner from the canteen by completing a lunch order at recess. (Students are welcome to bring their own dinner and use the staffroom microwave for heating)
Evening Performances Call.
– All Students are required by 6.00 pm. Make sure you sign in.
– MGC ‘s Crowes Nest Café will be open pre show and at interval for parents to have a drink or something to eat.
– Doors open at 6.15pm
– Show starts at 6.30pm sharp.
– Interval-7.30 approx for 10 minutes
– The performance will finish at 8.45 pm approximately.
– Please make sure you are dropped off & collected safely from each performance.
– Do not travel alone, make sure you have a “buddy”.
– Permission to come in at Recess, Thursdays & Fridays of Performance Week
– Middle School Students are permitted to sleep in Period 1 but must sign at the kiosk, as an approved late on Compass, ready for Period 2. (don’t leave it too late or there is a huge queue at the office. Be in by recess)
– The main school building is locked at 6pm. Do not leave anything you need in your locker!
– Please label all your belongings. We do not have space for storage of costumes. You must take them home with you each night.
– Do not bring valuables. If you need your phone etc, please give to your supervising teacher to look after.
– Remember to bring a labelled bottle of water to keep your voice hydrated, and any healthy nibbles you may need for energy (no lollies/chocolate- sugar high)
– Bring some quiet activities to do while you are not onstage. (book, cards etc)
– A reminder to students who have borrowed costumes/props, they are your responsibility. If you lose an item, you will be charged the replacement value.
– Please help your supervising teacher by leaving the rooms clean & tidy.
Manager of Performing Arts & Instrumental Music