- Term 1: 30 January (school teachers start) to 31 March *
- Term 2: 18 April (Tuesday) to 30 June
- Term 3: 17 July to 22 September
- Term 4: 9 October to 22 December
* The first day of Term 1 is a student-free day in all government schools to allow for appropriate planning to take place for the arrival of students. Each year government schools are provided with four student-free days for professional development, school planning and administration, curriculum development, and student assessment and reporting purposes. The remaining three student-free days are determined by each individual school, so contact your school for details.