Wellbeing and Career Pathways are the focus for the Year 10 level at Melbourne Girls’ College. We place great importance on our students being aware of their personal wellbeing and beginning their journey of choosing career pathways with confidence and positivity.
Year 10 students are encouraged to take on new elective subjects and possibly accelerated to do a VCE subject if they meet the requirements.
The Year 10 Wellbeing Camp takes place during Term 2, where the students complete various activities to build teamwork and collaboration skills to bond as a year level. The camp aims to give the students the tools to deal with issues that may arise during the year and a safe environment allowing them to relax and start making decisions for their futures.
Throughout the school year, the Year 10 students also participate and complete a variety of career support programs and subject counselling, so they are able to make confident choices in their future decisions. Students also participate in work experience during the first week of December in a work placement of their choice. Career Counselling can be accessed at any time through our Careers Advisor.
Year 10 is the beginning of the Senior School at Melbourne Girls’ College and our students are encouraged to challenge themselves and to become an active member of the school community.
Overview of Programs for Year 10
- Swimming Carnival
- Mockjob Interview Program (hosted by the Richmond Rotary Club)
- Athletics Carnival
- Year 10 Camp
- Careers Fast-track Program where students have personal Interview (parents are welcome to attend)
- Outdoor Education Camps
- Semester Exams (usually taking place after the Queen’s Birthday weekend)
- Semester 2 classes begin on the last two weeks of term 2
- Careers Information Night (first two weeks of term)
- Course Counselling for Year 11 subjects
- Community Challenge (Wellbeing Activity)
- Year 10 Girls’ Leadership Conference
- Attending 2 University Open Days
- Presentation of Community Challenge
- Preparation for Work experience
- End of Year Exams
- Headstart Program
- Work experience (first week of December)
Year 10 Parent Information Evening – 2021
When: Tuesday 21st July
Where: Webex Meetings
- Download the Webex Meetings desktop app.
- Enter the Meeting number (165 771 1672) in the ‘Meeting Information’ field and press ‘Enter’.
- Enter the password (BpgnwM3mN78) and press ‘Enter’.
- Select the ‘Join’ or ‘Join Meeting’ button. Please ensure your microphone is muted for the duration of the presentation. We will use this Webex Meeting to answer any questions.
- If you plan to join from a mobile device, download the Cisco WebEx Meetings app available through Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
If you have a general question, simply type it into the chat function on Webex Meetings. The question will be answered ‘live’ by the Year Level Leaders. If you have a question that relates specifically to your child, it is better to email the Year Level Leaders.
A recording of this presentation will be made available afterwards. If you would prefer not to have you image on this recording, please ensure that your camera is turned off for the duration of the presentation.
Meeting number (access code): 165 771 1672
Meeting password: BpgnwM3mN78
More ways to join:
Join by phone
+61-3-8593-9167 Australia Toll (Melbourne)
Access code: 165 771 1672
For further information please contact:
Year 10 Documents
View the senior school handbook here.