Co-Curricular Learning Activities
Enriching and extending life beyond the classroom and opening new horizons for all girls is at the core of Melbourne Girls’ College co-curricular program.
The college’s wide-ranging program of co-curricular programs, activities and camps focus the school’s attention on meeting the needs of individuals and challenging each student in positive ways. MGC is a place where young women learn to question, challenge, probe and gain the knowledge and confidence to allow them to think clearly for themselves as they negotiate the wider world.
The co-curricular program encompass sport, the arts and cultural exchanges. Some of the many highlights have included:
- A rowing program, with girls competing in many competitions including the Head of Schoolgirls Regatta.
- An aerobics program, competing at a national level.
- Inter-school and competitive sporting programs.
- Taking part in the Great Victorian Bike Ride.
- Whole school drama productions.
- Instrumental music program.
- String ensemble, concert bands and choirs.
- Dance Program.
- Inter-house choral and drama events.
- An Australian Air Force Cadet program, including opportunities for powered flying and gliding.
- Competition debating.
- Language-related overseas tours to China and France.
- International student exchanges.
- Access to external public speaking opportunities.
- Girls at every year level have opportunities to participate in school camps, including residential rural camps and curriculum based excursions such as the week-long Year 9 study of the city of Melbourne and VCE Study Camp.
- Our Sustainability Collective and Environment Team.